Nathan is learning about measuring things in different units in math this week. Yesterday, he was supposed to estimate then measure the lengths of things in meters. The problem is that he doesn't want to estimate lengths, because he doesn't like being wrong. We had already measured how high a meter was on him and determined that the pumpkin decal on his shirt was just one meter up from the floor. So when asked to estimate the length of the hallway, he inch-wormed across it to get the number.
Today the weather is misty and dreary, and I was dreaming of being someplace else. My imagination was gravitating to Colorado and someplace that I could soak in natural hot springs. I asked my kids where they would like to take their imaginary vacations. Julia stated that she would like to visit Canada with her friend A.
"You know Canada is like half of all of North America, right? Can you be more specific."
She started describing what she had in mind, and I called up pictures of Banff. When she saw the images she said, "Yes! There!"
No comments:
Post a Comment